Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God. It is our sole authority in all matters of faith and life and in all areas to which it speaks, including science and history. We believe that Scripture teaches that God is The Creator and Sustainer of the universe, and that creation was by divine command, from nothing and not through an evolutionary process. (John 1:3, 10; Acts 17:24-25; Genesis 1:1; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21; John 1:1; 10:35; 2 Cor. 13:14; Heb. 1:1,2).
2. We believe in one God, Who is eternal and perfect, existing in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Deut. 6:4; Matt 28:19).
3. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God became man, without ceasing to be God, in His virgin birth, sacrificial death, bodily resurrection and His present high-priestly ministry at the right hand of the Father (John 1:1-3; Matt. 1:16; Phil 2:5-11; 1 Cor. 15:3-4; Hebrews 4:15).
4. We believe that God the Holy Spirit is a personal Being who convicts the world of sin and who regenerates, indwells, empowers, guides, and bestows spiritual gifts on believers, and who seals them eternally for God (John 14:16-17; Acts 1:8; 1 Cor. 6:19).
5. We believe that men and women were created by God in His image but because of sin are now totally lost and in need of a divine redeemer (Gen 1:27; Romans 3:23, 5:12).
6. We believe in that Satan is a created being who is the author of sin, fell, caused the fall of mankind and seeks to deceive mankind but whose judgment was secured at the cross and whose ultimate destiny is the eternal lake of fire (Isaiah 14:12-15; John 16:11; Rev. 20:10-15).
7. We believe that salvation is by grace alone through faith based on the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, who came to die as our substitute. We believe that the believer’s salvation is eternally secure once he or she has genuinely trusted Christ for the forgiveness of sin (Eph. 2:8-9, 4:30; Rom. 6:23; John 3:14-18; 10:27-30; 1 Cor. 3:11-15, 15:3-4; Hebrews 7:25; Jude 24).
8. We believe that baptism is the outward testimony to others of our personal faith in Jesus Christ our Savior. It is to be administered only upon personal confession and living faith in Jesus Christ (Matt. 28:19; Acts 10:47-48).
9. We believe in observance of the Lord’s Supper, in which the bread and the cup are a symbolic representation of our Savior’s suffering and death (1 Cor. 11:23-26). All believers in Jesus Christ, having examined themselves, are invited to partake.
10. We believe that the church, which is the body of Christ, is a fellowship of true believers in Jesus Christ who assemble together for worship, prayer, fellowship, teaching, communion, baptism and seeks to spread the gospel to the ends of the earth (Col. 1:18; Eph. 4:4-6; Heb. 10:25).
11. We believe in the personal, visible, imminent return of Jesus Christ (1 Thess. 4:14-17; Acts 1:11).
12. We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the just and the unjust; those who are just to the resurrection of life and those who are unjust to the resurrection of eternal judgment (Rev. 20:11-15; John 5:28-29).
13. We believe that God has given spiritual gifts as He wills to every believer for service in the church. (Rom. 12:6-8; 1 Cor. 12:4-11, 28-31, 13:8; Hebrews 2:3-4; Eph. 4:11).